Thursday 20 March 2014

RURACIO

Ruracio  {{ A ceremony where a guy accompanied by his friends and family goes to his bride-to-be family home to take dowry}}
So, a friend of mine is getting married and last Saturday was the bride price payment ceremony. So we traveled, over hills....
...and valleys...
...and winding rivers...

And finally....
Women from both sides of the family


 At some point, the guy is asked to choose his bride from among a group of girls who are covered up just to show how well he knows her :){I'm at the far right}





Onto my outfit of the day. My cousin, a friend and I got custom made kitenge/ankara  dresses for the event.
I wore mine with a statement neck piece, back heels and a few gold bangles.








Our friend, Esther.

My cousin, we had a slight difference in our designs

our mani's for the day

                   
                 

.

 Thanks for reading.
xx







9 comments:

  1. the ankara dress is gorgeous on you..& we do something similar in Nigerian weddings..nice to see a different perspective

    stylebyndidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning dress pattern print! Amazing pics!

    Kisses from www.withorwithoutshoes.com
    Today I bring you a Rock Outfit with Stretch Leather Trousrers and punk style stilettos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the dresses are soooo pretty!!! ❤❤

    www.thatstargirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tradition...
    You all look stunning! Love your dress! It's amazing!
    Thank you so much for commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice..finally getting this..stop by..http://gladysknights.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your dress! You look great. Thanks for your sweet comment. Let me know if you want to follow each other to stay in touch. Have a nice day.

    noradulce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete